Many guitarplayers do believe that this rhythm is just a little "boum-chack" that might as well be very easy to learn. But the same there are as many who really don´t know that there are many facetts of it, fine differences in playing this style. That´s the reason why many players dont "swing" and thus dont´t sound real authentic. It is as great Duke Ellington once said: "... it don´t mean a thing if it ain´t got that swing ..."
Nevertheless also in the solo-techniques of the style there are large differences in Gypsyjazz in comparison to the usually played picking- and stroking-techniques of other styles (as more closely explained in the article-series about Django - the GuitarMaestro). This comes especially crucial for guitarrists that used to played Blues, Rock, or Pop-music before.
These are lots of different scales and ways to play them, different licks and tricks, that are beeing utilized in Gypsyjazz - all this will be, at least to some extent, transmitted in this Workshop.
It is important that any participant of the workshop "Modular Gysyjazz Guitar" should have at least a solid background on basic scales and chords on the guitar. Further musical background-knowledge on Jazz or music in general is a great plus - but as mentioned earlier no condition.
(See the Terms & Conditions). Here is a broad overview of the detailed structure oif the workshop, as well as some more detailed informations on the course here.
At least the major play-techniques, scales, tricks and arpeggios will be transmitted in the masterclass, so that the participants are able to work on at the "right path" after they get back to their woodshed at home with fun and the right things to work on...
It´s like a known Gypsyjazz-player once said: "... the first 30 years in Gypsyjazz are the worst ... especially if you don´t know which way to go and you´re heading in the wrong direction ..."
Signups for the next coming up workshop/module are possible right now.
Please be sure to signup early as possible!
So what are you waiting for? Places are limited*
Signup now for your seat at the next Workshop!
If you may experience technical problems while signing-up at our online-form please contact our webmaster at
"webmaster [at] jazzmanouche.de".
• The respective beginning of the Workshop/Module is Saturdays at 10.00 a.m. Length of the Workshop/Module +/- 5-6 hours per day.
• Workshop/Modules only take place if there is a minimal of 7 Persons registered. Details on that will be communicated via eMail to all participants.
• Prices for the Modules of the workshop are 75.- and 99.- € each and per Person, the cost for the whole workshop (all 5 modules, for one year!) payed in advance is 450.- € which is a 75.-€ off discount.
• Usually the Workshop/Modules are held in D-61184 Karben (near Frankfurt/Germany), the exact location is beeing communicated in advace of the class via eMail to all participants.
• Possible accomodations you´ll find here.
• Questions & Anwers: If you still have more questions on the masterclass you may as well read our Masterclass-FAQs
Here is where we are located for the Workshop/Modules:
Share this article: